Search Small Steps
Register today for our free newsletter
Keep up to date with all the latest baby & toddler competitions, offers, recipes, parenting tips, local activities and more!

Forums

Important! 
You must be a registered member to use our forums and enter discussions and comments, plus take full advantage of all our forum's functions. Please login or click here to register.

Slimming recipes
Last Post 20 Mar 2013 04:00 PM by Lisa. 19 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rachael
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 Feb 2012 03:58 PM
    Hi there, anyone got any quick and easy slimming world red day recipes please? xx
    Andy
    The Host with the most!

--
    17 Feb 2012 01:27 PM
    Try this one Rachael, its a winner!

Fry Light, for spraying
    1 large onion, finely chopped
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    2 fresh chillies, deseeded and chopped
    2 tsps ground cumin
    1 tsp ground coriander
    1 tsp paprika
    A pinch of cayenne pepper
    1 x 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
    284ml/½ pint stock
    salt and ground black pepper
    454g/1lb extra lean beef mince (or Quorn mince)
    1 x 198g/7oz can red kidney beans, drained
    chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
    1 level tablespoon of tomato puree

1. Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and fry the onion gently over a low heat for 5 minutes, until softened and golden. Add the garlic, chillies and all the spices and continue frying, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Add mince, stirring until it begins to brown.

2. Add the canned tomatoes, tomato puree and stock. Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes, until the liquid is slightly reduced. Season with salt and pepper and add drained kidney beans. Heat through gently for about 5 minutes.

3. Slow-cooker alternative: Brown your onions, garlic, chillies, spices and meat as above and transfer to your slow-cooker. Add the canned tomatoes, tomato puree and stock. Stir well and cook on ‘medium’ for 6-8 hours. 45 minutes before serving add the kidney beans..

4. Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped coriander leaves.

Tip: A dollop of fat free natural yogurt on the top is extremely tasty and, if you’ve gone overboard on the chilli, it’s a great way to “cool” things down!

Replacing beef mince with Quorn mince turns this recipe into a vegetarian delight. The 3 Syns stay the same on Original and the whole recipe becomes Free on Green!
    rachael
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Feb 2012 06:00 PM
    More of those please YUM!!!!
    Andy

--
    07 Mar 2012 02:23 PM
    Hi everyone.

Thought we should share some of our slimming recipes which actually WORK ....AND taste good!
    And if they are fairly quick and easy to prepare that would be a bonus too!

This first one is one of my breakfasts which helped me get my figure back (TWICE) !.

*1/3 cup porridge oats,
    Sprinkle on some dried coconut shavings,
    some dried apricot 'chopped'
    2-3 halves pecan nuts 'crumbled'
    half handful seedless raisins
    2/3 cup water ( OR 1/3 cup skimmed milk & 1/3 cup water)
    NO SUGAR !

mix it up and 'nuke' (microwave) for 2 & 1/2 min

(Be sure to put plate under bowl! or the quick breakfast will turn into a lot longer... cleaning the microwave if it boils over !!)

* a cup being a small 8oz kids plastic cup (or small tea cup)

This is a great breakfast, it fills you up & you don't feel like snacking all day!

Hope you like it.

Andy xx
    Jim

--
    08 Mar 2012 03:56 PM
    Great recpie do you have any more?
    Toni

--
    14 Mar 2012 03:16 PM
    Thanks this sounds yummy. do you have any more ???
    Toni

--
    27 Mar 2012 11:36 AM
    Love what you have put do you have any more?
    Figgy

--
    23 Apr 2012 11:27 AM
    I love this one!! Enjoy all

Nutrition Information Per Serving

Calories (kcal) 400
    Carbohydrate (g) 58.4
    Protein 27.9
    Fat (g) 6.2
    Fibre (g) 3.8
    Fruit and Veg 1.0
    Stir fried chicken with fresh spring vegetables cooked in Sharwood's Black Bean Sauce - served with noodles. Quick and extremely easy... Plus one serving provides a portion of your 5-a-day fruit and veg quota!

Ingredients

100g Broccoli
    100g Baby Sweetcorn
    2 Chicken Breast Fillets (approx 150g each)
    1 Bunch Spring Onions
    2 Medium Carrots
    1 tbsp Olive Oil
    34g Ginger
    4 Blocks Medium Egg Noodles, Sharwood's
    (65g each )
    1 Jar Black Bean Stir-Fry Sauce, Sharwood's
    Method

Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the noodles, return to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes (or per pack instructions). Drain and keep warm.
    Meanwhile :
    - Slice the chicken breasts into 1" chunks;
    - Cut the broccoli into florets;
    - Peel the ginger and cut into matchsticks;
    - Trim and diagonally slice the spring onions;
    - Peel the carrots and cut into matchsticks.
    Bring a second pan of water to the boil and blanch the broccoli and sweetcorn in the water for 2 minutes. Drain well.
    Heat ½ tbsp oil in the wok until smoking then add the chicken and stir-fry for 7-8 minutes (or until golden. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
    Heat the remaining oil in pan and add the ginger, spring onions and carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and sweetcorn and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
    Return the chicken to the pan, add the noodles and black bean sauce. Stir to coat and heat through.
    Serve immediately!
    Lisa

--
    07 Sep 2012 10:21 AM
    If you eat half your normal meal then you will lose loads! its simple scene!!
    Figgy

--
    19 Sep 2012 03:32 PM
    Here is my fav!
    Bangers and mash. Knife and fork at the ready...

681g/1lb 8oz swede
    salt and freshly ground black pepper
    2 leeks
    2 apples
    Fry Light
    2 red onions
    12 Tesco Healthy Living Low Fat Pork Sausages
    568ml/1pt chicken stock made with Bovril
    2 level tsp cornflour
    2 level tsp Dijon mustard
    freshly chopped coriander, to garnish

Roughly chop the swede, place in a pan of boiling water and cook for 12-15 minutes. Drain, season to taste and mash.
    Meanwhile, slice the leeks, add to a pan of boiling water and cook until tender. Peel, core and chop the apples, fry in Fry Light until soft. Fold the leek and apple into the mash, set aside and keep warm.
    Heat a pan sprayed with Fry Light. Slice the onions and fry for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the sausages to the pan, fry for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
    Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil. Blend the cornflour with 4 tsp water, add to the pan with the mustard and stir until thickened. Add the sausages and onions and simmer for 3 minutes.
    To serve, divide the mash between 4 plates, add the sausages and onion gravy and sprinkle with coriander.
    Tip: Try celeriac instead of swede for a tasty alternative - this doesn't affect the Syns.

ENJOY
    FIGGY
    Twinkle Toes

--
    26 Sep 2012 08:12 AM
    This is a dessert that I used when I lost over 38lbs! Enjoy.

apricot and orange syllabub.

340g/12oz fresh apricots, stoned
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    9 tbsp artificial sweetener
    511g/1lb 2oz fat-free natural fromage frais
    grated rind and juice of 1 orange
    1 egg white
    fresh apricot slices and redcurrants, for decoration.

Blend the apricots in a liquidiser with the lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of the sweetener until smooth. Place the fromage frais, orange rind and juice in a large bowl, along with the remaining sweetener and mix well.
    Whisk the egg white until stiff. With a metal spoon, fold the egg white into the orange cream.
    Divide half the apricot purée between 4 glasses. Spread half of the orange cream mixture on top. Cover with the rest of the apricot purée and finish with the remaining orange cream. Decorate with the sliced apricot and redcurrants before serving.
    Floss

--
    04 Oct 2012 04:17 PM
    Thank you for all the great recipes on here will take a look at your website too!!!

Thanks Floss
    Tessa

--
    22 Oct 2012 12:37 PM
    Have you got any more please!
    Twinkle Toes

--
    24 Oct 2012 12:49 PM
    This is one FAB recipe! Enjoy

Sweet and Sour Meatballs.

Ingredients
    700g of extra lean turkey mince (or you can use another mince of your choice)
    1 clove of garlic, crushed
    1/4 teaspoon of chinese five spice
    salt and black pepper
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 red pepper, chopped
    1 green pepper, chopped
    1/2 cup of frozen carrot slices
    1.5 cups (360ml) of passata
    6 tablespoons of rice vinegar
    3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
    3 tablespoons of sugar (7.5 syns)*
    1 clove of garlic, crushed
    1 teaspoon of grated ginger
    1 cup (240ml) of water
    Frylight or Pam spray

Add the passata, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger to a bowl and mix together. Set aside.
    Add the mince, 1 crushed clove of garlic, chinese five spice and some salt and pepper to a bowl and combine all ingredients together. Form into 20 meatballs.
    Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some Frylight or Pam spray, add the onions, peppers and carrots and fry for approx 5 mins.
    Remove and set aside.
    Add the meatballs and fry, turning over continuously till lightly browned.
    Remove and set aside.
    Add the sauce to the meatballs, along with the water and bring to a boil. Allow it to simmer on a medium heat until the sauce reduces down.
    Return the veggies to the pan and reduce heat to a low and simmer for approx 15-20mins.
    Serve with your choice of sides.

Twinkle Toes xx
    Harriet

--
    05 Nov 2012 04:13 PM
    I made the Sweet and Sour Meatballs from Twinkle Toes and I will be making it again as it was yummy!!

Thanks.
    Harriet

--
    13 Nov 2012 12:51 PM
    Thank you for the recipes... I have printed them all off! When I get more time will post one myself....
    Pat

--
    07 Jan 2013 04:30 PM
    Thank you to everyone that posted something it was just what I am looking for to get my New Years diet off to a fantastic start!
    If anyone has any more recipes I would be most grateful xx
    Jade

--
    24 Jan 2013 01:32 PM
    Thanks for the recipes every one. As a way of a thank you have you tried baked apples? No i hear you say ...... so here is the recipe....

Ingredents
    225g apple
    1 level tbsp mincement
    Fat free natural yogurt
    Ground cinnamon

Method
    Remove the core from the apple using an apple corer or suitable knife.
    Fill the hole with the mincemeat then bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes or until the apple is cooked through.
    Top with the yogurt and a sprinkling of cinnamon.

Pat

--
    25 Feb 2013 12:42 PM
    I would like to share my Apple Crumble recipe.

567g/1lb 4oz cooking apples
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    finely grated zest annd juice of 1 orange
    4 tbsp granulated artifical sweetener
    113g/4oz self raising flour
    57g/2oz low-fat spread
    a few drops of vanilla essence
    150g fat free natural fromage frais

Preheat the oven to 190ºC/Gas 5. Peel, core and chop the apples into chunks. Place in an oven-proof dish and stir in the cinnamon, orange zest and juice and half of the sweetener.
    Make the crumble: in a bowl mix together the self-raising flour with the remaining sweetener. Melt the low-fat spread in a pan, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence. Pour over the flour mixture and mix with a fork until it resembles breadcrumbs.
    Spoon the crumble mixture over the apples and bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned. Divide the crumble between 6 serving bowls and serve topped with a little fromage frais.
    Lisa

--
    20 Mar 2013 04:00 PM
    Pat great recipe! I made this yesterday and just wanted to say Thank you xx
    You are not authorized to post a reply.