Search Small Steps
Register today for our free newsletter
Keep up to date with all the latest baby & toddler competitions, offers, recipes, parenting tips, local activities and more!

Forums

Important! 
You must be a registered member to use our forums and enter discussions and comments, plus take full advantage of all our forum's functions. Please login or click here to register.

PLAGIOCEPHALY. misshaped head syndrome.
Last Post 19 Apr 2013 04:02 PM by Poppy. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
Kathleen

--
07 May 2012 04:11 PM
    Hello all, my son is 11minths now and has had this misshapen head since he was about three months old. He has a large head anyway but when it started to change shape my health visitor and doctors told me that it would change and go back to normal. Now that he is almost one and his skull is becoming stronger all the time Im worried it'll never return to normal.

To have a cap fitted privately to rectify this costs around £2,000 and is not available on the nhs.

Would you spend this money to rectify the problem or allow nature to run its course?

Or would you campaign for this to be available on the nhs in the future?

Thanks all
    Sunvill

--
    21 May 2012 04:55 PM
    We had same problem with my girl. Could not afford the cap and the doctors were ignoring the problem saying it will fix itself. Right... Now shes three and a half and looks awful(((
    Pat

--
    07 Sep 2012 11:14 AM
    Interesting post I think you need help form a Dr!
    Jess

--
    24 Sep 2012 02:17 PM
    WoW not available on the NHS, that's is a lot of money to find! I would say it would depend on the the predicted outcome of your child's head. If it is not good then of course spending the money would always come first with me...
    Good luck xx
    Tessa

--
    08 Oct 2012 05:02 PM
    I think I would do both.
    Great post....
    Jade

--
    31 Oct 2012 05:25 PM
    Well..... what about doing both Kathleen! sounds like you have lots of get up and go...
    Good luck

Jade xx
    Anne

--
    03 Dec 2012 01:40 PM
    What a great post! I have never heard of this!
    I hope you find your answer!

Good luck

Anne
    Lilly

--
    14 Feb 2013 02:04 PM
    What an interesting post!
    I have never heard of this until now... I hope you find a solution to your issue, it sound like your pulling your hair out!

Good luck

Lilly XX
    Poppy

--
    19 Apr 2013 04:02 PM
    I had never heard of this before.. Thank you for raising the awareness of this..
    If it were my child I would pay.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.