This Easter bunny basket made from paper plate is fun to make with your children. A few simple household items will be transformed into a fun and useful Easter basket to store your Easter eggs
Make your own fluffy Easter Bunny from items around the house! This is a great craft for younger children because the cotton balls are something different to use in a craft and they add a great texture! Easter Bunny basket is easy to make and decorate, creating personalised Easter gifts for kids by adding children’s names.
What You’ll Need
How to make Easter bunny basket:
- 3 paper plates
- pink construction paper
- green ribbon or yarn
- 1 pink pom pom
- 6 white pom poms
- 2 googly eyes or scraps of black construction paper
- hole punch
- black marker or crayon
- glue gun and/or craft glue (stapler would even work)
For the back of the basket
To create the ears.
- Cut a scalloped piece from the top of the plate. This will be your basket opening.
- Glue or staple this cut paper plate to another whole paper plate to form the basket and head of the rabbit.
For the bunny face
- Cut a paper plate in half. Then cut each half down even more to the shape of bunny ears.
- Cut two tapered strips of pink construction paper and glue onto each ear.
- Glue the bottom of each ear to the bunny’s head.
- Cut two small eyes from pin construction paper and glue into place.
- Add googly eyes or round pieces of black construction paper, to complete the eyes.
- Glue a pink pom pom to the centre of the plate for the nose, and add 3 white pom poms to each side.
- Use a black marker or crayon to draw on 2 bunny teeth.
- Use a hole punch to punch a hole on either side of the basket.
- Tie on a piece of ribbon or yarn for the handle.
- The basket can be filled with Easter grass and small candies or toys.
Have you seen how to make our Easter Bonnet Paper Plate
, Easter eggs
, Toilet Tube Easter Bunny Rabbit Family
, or Peek-a-Boo Chicks
Easter bunny basket from www.thewhoot.com.au.