A simple baby lead weaning recipe packed with important nutrients for the development of baby's brain. The combination of avocado, egg yoke and fish make for a delicious soft sandwich filling. Cutting the sandwich into small pieces makes this the perfect lunch or tea time treat.
How to make avocado baby bites sandwich.
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 heaped tablespoon canned tuna, salmon or sardines, mashed
- the yolk from 1 hardboiled egg
- Sliced cucumber
- 1 slice whole wheat bread or small whole wheat tortilla
- Mash the avocado, canned fish and egg yolk together.
- layer the sliced cumber and spread the mixture over half the bread
- Fold over and cut into squares - or spread over the tortilla then roll up and cut cross-wise into manageable pieces.
With thanks to the Small Steps home cooking team.