Banana toast is a brilliant soft finger food for babies and toddlers and helps to keep meal times interesting with different tastes and textures.
Try mashing the banana with a fork first, then put it in a bowl and add the milk, mixing and mashing as you go until the mixture is smooth. Or even blend it. Make sure the pan is hot when you start to cook. And don’t soak the bread for too long.
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 8 slices homemade-quality white bread
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make Banana Toast
- Make the egg mixture. In a food processor or blender, combine the milk, egg, egg whites, bananas, and vanilla.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle on a medium-high heat.
- Dip the bread in the egg batter and allow the bread to absorb the mixture.
- Cook the bread in the skillet, until browned on both sides. Garnish the Banana Toast with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Recipe from One handed cooks