By adding a little sweetness from the dried apricots and sweet potato makes this very appealing to babies. A very tasty and a lovely introduction to chicken.
Suitable from 6 months
Prep time 6 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
Suitable for freezing
MAKES 5 PORTIONS
How to Make Apricot Chicken Puree
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 40g chopped onion
- 2 chicken thigh fillets (approx 175g), trimmed and cut into pieces
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 8 dried apricots, chopped
- 400 ml chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 4 minutes or until softened but not coloured.
- Add the chunks of chicken thigh and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and sauté for one minute.
- Add the chopped apricots and pour over the chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Blend to a puree.