Beetroot is a highly beneficial ‘super’ vegetable with a sweet flavour. By choosing Organic Beetroot you can be sure it has only soaked up rich nutrients from the soil and no harmful chemicals. Ideal for your babies first food.
How to make Beetroot Puree
- 4 medium sized dirty beetroots
- 1/2 sweet eating apple
- Pinch thyme / Pinch rosemary
- Few leaves fresh mint
- Wash beetroot. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the beetroot whole, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Leave to cool, then peel and dice.
- Peel, core and dice the apple and simmer for 5 minutes in a tablespoon full of water.
- Bring the beetroot and apple together and blend in a food processor to a smooth consistency.
- To introduce new flavours, try chopping the mint very finely and add to the apple whilst simmering. On a different occasion, do the same with thyme or rosemary, or other flavours you like to cook with such as garlic. In this way you can gradually introduce your ‘experimental eater’ to new flavours while they also benefit from the antioxidants and vitamins stored in the beetroot.
Recipe has kindly been supplied by Skylark Organic products.