The quinoa in this recipe offers a great new texture for your little one along with the sage and the tasty butternut squash.
- ½ a butternut squash
- A couple of fresh sage leaves
- 50g quinoa
How to make Roasted Butternut Squash, Sage and Quinoa Puree
- Peel and dice the butternut squash into about 2cm size pieces.
- Place on a baking sheet with the sage leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until nicely roasted
- Whilst the squash is baking, place the quinoa in a saucepan and cover in boiling water, simmer for about 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- The quinoa will look like little spirals when cooked
- Drain the quinoa 4. Blend the butternut with a few sage leaves until smooth.
- You can also offer your baby some roasted chunks of butternut, before blending
- Stir the butternut puree into the quinoa
The puree can be frozen in batches separately from the quinoa, and defrosted when you need it. The quinoa can be cooked in larger batches, chilled quickly by spreading out on a large tray, then refrigerating immediately for up to 3 days.
Recipe from: www.organix.com/support-advice/little-book-of-weaning