This easy to make tasty dish is a great first food to introduce your baby to, ideal for babies and toddlers and you could even use any left overs as a base to make a soup with.
From 6 months
Suitable for freezing
MAKES 6 PORTIONS
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 200g carrots , peeled and chopped
- 100g parsnips, peeled and chopped
How to make a Trio of Root Vegetables
- Steam the root vegetables for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Blend the vegetables to a puree adding a little of the boiled water at the bottom of the steamer (about 75ml) or some of your baby’s usual milk to make a good consistency for your baby.
- Steaming is the best way to preserve nutrients but if you don’t have a steamer,
- put the vegetables into a saucepan and just cover with boiling water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook over a medium heat until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Drain the vegetables and blend to a puree using a little of the cooking liquid or you could add a little of your baby’s usual milk.
Recipes supplied by http://www.annabelkarmel.com/