This is a great tasty recipe & very easy to make. The apple blends really well with the chicken to keep them moist. These little balls make great finger food for your toddlers.
Makes 20 Chicken Balls
How to make Chicken and Apple Balls
- 2 tsp light olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme or sage, chopped, or a pinch mixed dried herbs
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled (from 1 year)
- 50g / 2oz fresh white bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper (from 1 year)
- Plain flour for coating
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté half the onion for about 3 minutes.
- Using your hands squeeze out a little excess liquid from the grated apple.
- Mix the apple with the chicken, put the remaining raw onion, herbs, stock cube (from 1 year) and breadcrumbs and roughly chop in a food processor for a few seconds.
- Season with a little salt & pepper (from 1 year).
- With your hands, form into about 20 little balls, roll in flour and fry in shallow oil for about 5 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.
Recipe provided by Complete Baby and Toddler meal Planner.