Chocolate Beetroot Brownies are rich, dark, moist and gorgeous! As they include healthy beetroot they are an ideal baking recipe to make with your toddler or pre-school child for all the family to enjoy.
How To Make Chocolate Beetroot Brownies
- 250g dark chocolate chopped
- 200g unsalted butter, cut in cubes
- 250g beetroot, cooked
- 3 eggs
- A drop of vanilla extract
- 200g caster sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50g flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g ground almonds (optional)
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 180°C.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a large bowl and place over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl and water don’t touch. Leave to melt.
- Whizz the cooked beetroot in a food processor, adding the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla and sugar. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift the cocoa powder, flour and baking soda together and stir in the ground almonds if you are using them. Stir the beetroot mixture into the melted chocolate and fold in the dry ingredients.
- Use parchment paper to line a rectangular tin, pour in mixture and place in the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until firm to touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into squares and enjoy!