An easy “must make” recipe that goes down well with toddlers and grown-ups alike!! They won’t last long in your cake tin!!
Total time: Ready in 1 hour, including cooling (worth every minute)
How to make Chocolate Brownies
- 300g / 10oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 240g / 8oz unsalted butter
- 90g / 3oz cocoa powder
- 90g / 3oz plain flour
- 120g / 4oz chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4 / 180°C / 350°C
- Line a shallow baking tin with slightly greased greaseproof paper.
- Beat the sugar and eggs really well, until thickened and the sugar has dissolved
- Melt the butter, pour it into the sugar and egg mixture and stir well.
- Sieve the cocoa powder and flour together and add to the mixture.
- Roughly cut up the chocolate chunks and add to the mixture.
- Pour into the tin to approx 1.5 - 2cm thickness and bake for 20 - 25 minutes - a skewer inserted should not come out completely clean - you want a slightly gooey middle for extra yumminess!!
- Leave in tin until just warm, then cut into small portions and serve.