The joy of baking is infectious!
Everyone in the family loves a slice of cake and to know you and your little ones have made it together, makes it extra special! You can get them interested at a very early stage. Let them see what goes into the bowl. They can also help to hand the utensils to you; this way you can teach them about textures, colours and a little maths (which is always a bonus!), when weighing out the ingredients. Handling the mixture is an amazing experience - they either like it, love it or cry; which is quite amusing. They just need to get used to the feel of things and doing this together will help with their confidence. The recipe on this page is a good, easy ‘start up’ recipe for children. They handle the food and have loads of fun getting sticky and chocolatey – and eat the results of their fun!!
How to make Chocolate Krispie Cakes
- 60g / 2oz butter / vegetable fat
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 x 100g bar milk chocolate
- 90g / 3oz Rice Krispies
- Melt the chocolate in small bursts in the microwave or in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Add the butter and syrup, stir till melted.
- Add the chocolate mix to the Rice Krispies stirring gently, then...
- Spoon in to 12 bun cases.
- Leave to cool.
Dried fruit, marshmallows, chocolate sweets etc. can be added during the making stages of your krispie Cakes as well as being decorated with melted chocolate and sprinkles/ hundreds and thousands at the end - it's up to you!
Recipe from www.edwinascakes.com