A delicious Australian recipe has been given a new twist, light chocolate cake is coated in fruity reduced sugar raspberry jam and rolled in coconut. Easy to make and a healthier version of the traditional tea time treats, these are sure to be a hit with everyone.
- 125g butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour, sifted
- 25g cocoa powder
- 100ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 x 340g jar Streamline seedless raspberry jam
- 150g desiccated coconut
How to make Raspberry and Chocolate Lamingtons
- Pre-heat oven 180c/160c fan/ gas 4.
- Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, gradually add the eggs beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and stir in, add half of the milk and stir, gradually add the rest of the milk and vanilla essence.
- Spoon into the prepared tin, smooth the top and bake for approx. 25-30 minutes until springy to the touch, and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin to cool a little then turn onto a wire rack, cover and leave overnight.
- Cut the cake into 16 squares, spread evenly on all sides with the jam then roll into the desiccated coconut until evenly coated.
Recipe from www.streamlinefoods.co.uk