Oat and Honey cookies are really easy and quick to make with you toddler pre-school child, you’ll be lucky if they’re not all eaten before they’ve even had a chance to cool down! This recipe will make about 20 small cookies and takes 10 minutes to prepare.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 1 medium egg - lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking power
- Pinch of salt
- 100g porridge oats
- 2 tbsp of honey
How to make Oat and Honey Cookies
- Pre-heat the oven to 190° C or Gas mark 5.
- Gently melt the butter and honey together in a saucepan.
- Mix the sugars together, pour in the melted butter and honey, add the egg and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, salt and baking powder and stir together.
- Add the oats and mix in well, you'll have a stiff mixture.
- Put a sheet of baking parchment on a baking tray, this mixture will make about 3 tray fulls. The parchment will stop everything from sticking! Dot heaped spoonfuls of the mixture onto the tray; an ice cream scoop full is about right. Leave space between the cookies as they will spread.
- Place in the oven for about 10 minutes, they'll be golden brown and still soft when ready.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the tray for a few minutes to harden, and then remove carefully onto a wire rack to cool. Eat and enjoy!
This recipe is really easy to vary, try using muesli instead of oats or for a treat add chocolate chips!
Find more recipes at trudysscrumptiouscakes.co.uk