A tasty vegetarian treat for your toddler to enjoy. Delicious with a pat of butter, more honey and a cuppa.
- 1 mug of grated courgette
- 100g sugar
- 75ml honey
- 75ml olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 250g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon, zest and 3 tbsp juice
- A handful of nuts and/or raisins (optional)
How to make Little Italian Courgette Cakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / gas 4.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Divide between muffin/cupcake cups.
- Sprinkle a few nuts over the top of the cakes, if you like. Pine-nuts or flaked almonds work beautifully.
- Bake on a low rack in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Drizzle a bit of honey over the top and tuck in.
- The cakes will store for 2-3 days in an airtight container.