Chocolate courgette cake is an ideal baking recipe to make with your toddler pre-school child for all the family to enjoy.
- 120g softened unsalted butter
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 130ml milk
- 350g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 4tsp cocoa powder
- 450g courgettes, peeled and finely grated
- 1tsp vanilla extract
How to make Chocolate Courgette Cake
- Put the butter, sunflower oil and both sugars in a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs and then the milk. Sift the dry ingredients together and fold them into mixture
- Stir in the courgettes and vanilla, then spoon the mixture into a 20 x 35cm baking tin lined with baking parchment.
- Place in an oven preheated to 190°C and bake for 35-45 minutes, until skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cut into squares whilst still warm.
Recipe provided by Jane Baxter, Riverford Field Kitchen taken from Riverford Farm Cook Book