Great family favourite recipe for all the family to enjoy!
Prep time: 12 mins
Cooking time:12 mins
If you freeze the beef for one hour it will make slicing it easier
Makes 4 portions
- 300g sirloin, rump or fillet steak
- 2 eggs
- 4 level tbsp cornflour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 2 medium courgettes, peeled
- Sunflower oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 100g medium egg noodles, cooked according to the instructions on the packet
How to make Stir-fried Beef with Noodles
- 3tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp chicken stock or water
- 2 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- Cut the beef across the grain into thin slices, then stack a few slices in top of each other and cut into slivers the size of long matchsticks.
- Whisk the eggs with cornfour and a pinch of salt to make a batter.
- Add the meat. Stir well to coat.
- Slice the carrots and courgettes and cut them into matchsticks.
- Mix the vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl, In another bowl, stir together the cornflour and stock or water.
- Fill a large wok a quarter full of oil and when the oil is just beginning to smoke, add the carrot and courgettes and stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove and transfer to a dish lined with paper towels.
- Reheat the oil and when starting to smoke add half the beef, using tongs to make sure the strips of beef remain seperated. Fry until crispy, about 3-5 mins, then drain and add to the carrots and courgettes. Repeat with the remaining beef.
- Clean out the wok, add 1 tablespoon of oil, and when hot add the spring onions, chilli and garlic. Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the cooked noodles.
- Make the sauce by mixing the rice vinegar and soy sauce with the cornfour and stock and add the caster sugar. Add the noodles, and then toss with the beef and cooked vegetables, Stir-fry briefly until heated through.
Recipe provided by Eating for Two.