Quicker than a take away, fresh and zingy on the taste buds, this delicious stir fry can be served warm or cold making an easy supper or tasty packed lunch or picnic.
- 8 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 400g sirloin or rump steak, cut into thin slices
- 4 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into slices handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 100g medium egg noodles, cooked according to pack directions
How to make Teriyaki beef, mango and shallot stir fry
- Heat a large wok or heavy based frying pan with a little vegetable oil, add the shallots and stir fry for a couple of minutes, add the beef and continue cooking for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and stir until the beef and shallots are coated in the sauce.
- Add the mango and fresh coriander, toss everything into the cooked noodles and serve sprinkled with a little more coriander.
- Cook’s Tip: Place the beef in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes to firm so you can cut thin strips. Add a handful of long stem broccoli or sugar snap peas and sprinkle with chopped spring onions and fresh chopped chilli for an extra flavour bomb.
Recipe from www.ukshallot.com