These muffins have a lovely little outer crunch/crispiness to them, and are slightly chewy on the inside. Packed with apples, cranberries, and carrots, these are healthy and great for toddlers and pre-school children for any time of day.
- 200g flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g of fresh or dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- 50g of honey
- 50g vegetable oil
- 100g grated apple
- 100gm grated carrot
- 100g of apple purée (a pot of baby puree is perfect)
- 200gm of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp of sugar free jam (try St Dalfour or Super Jam)
- 1 tsp of grated orange zest
How to make the Muffins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- In a large mixing bowl combine the four, cinnamon, cranberries, baking soda and baking powder. Combine the egg, oil, honey and apple puree. Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients until just blended. Fold through the grated carrot and apple. Spoon into mini muffin cases. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- To check they are cooked: a knife tip inserted into a muffin should come out clean.
- Leave to cool completely.
- For the topping:
Mix all the ingredients together and spread over the cooled muffins.
Recipes courtesy of www.babybites.co.uk