Beetroot Pancakes with Eggs, Smoked Bacon & Maple Syrup is a great family breakfast recipe.
Makes 12 small pancakes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 250g plain cooked (vacuum packed) beetroot, drained
- 225g plain flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 30g butter, melted & cooled
- 1tbsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 300ml milk
- Sunflower oil for shallow frying
12 rashers smoked streaky bacon, cooked crisply Maple syrup, to taste 4 eggs, fried
How to make Beetroot Pancakes with Eggs, Smoked Bacon and Maple Syrup
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Pour ladles of the batter into the pan and cook until you start to see little bubbles on the surface - this will take a minute or two.
- Using a fish slice flip over the pancakes and cook for a further minute or so. Transfer to a warm plate and cover tightly with foil. Continue until you have used all the batter.
- Serve hot with the eggs, bacon and plenty of maple syrup.
Recipe from www.lovebeetroot.co.uk