This delicious loaf is very cake-like in texture, but is not as sweet as a cake, so is perfect served with a sweet topping for breakfast instead of regular bread. The recipe team at Organix explain: “The seasonal fresh cherries are full of goodness and the almonds are rich in healthy fats, protein and fibre great for your little ones. This makes a sustaining breakfast that feels like a treat.”
Serve with fresh cherries and yoghurt or cream cheese and honey, or simply a little butter or nut butter.
Top tip: You can add some additional maple syrup or honey to this loaf to make it sweeter and serve it as cake.
Makes 1 loaf
Suitable from 10 months
Suitable for freezing versatile
How to make the cherry almond loaf.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 60mls coconut oil / melted butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional - to make a little sweeter)
- 300g fresh cherries
- 200g ground almonds
- 100g SR flour / gluten free option
- flaked almonds optional topping
- Preheat your oven to 160°C / 140°C fan / Gas Mark 3, and grease a 15cm x 10cm loaf tin with a little oil.
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla and oil/butter plus optional maple syrup.
- Chop cherries in half and remove stones, add to bowl and stir in.
- Combine ground almonds and flour and stir in lightly with metal spoon.
- Tip into greased loaf tin and sprinkle with optional flaked almonds, then bake for 1 hour, or until golden and inserted knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin, then tip out and cool on wire rack.
Recipe from Organix - For lots more advice on toddler foods and tasty, healthy recipes for all the family please visit www.organix.com
. To download a copy of the Organix Little Book of Good Food - Toddlers & Families visit www.organix.com/lovegoodfood
and you can watch the Love Good Food video at: #lovegoodfood
. Join the conversation at #LoveGoodFood.