Grab these strawberry jam sandwich breakfast bars on the go and pop in to your bag for breakfast on the move. A fruity layer of strawberry jam in the middle makes this healthier option feel like a treat.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 50g light muscovado sugar, unrefined
- 100g clear honey
- 100g dried Strawberries
- 60g mixed seeds
- 40g chopped nuts
- 200g oats
- 50g plain flour
- 5tbsp Strawberry Jam
How to Make Strawberry Jam Sandwich Breakfast Bars
Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.5.
Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tray or brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
- Heat the butter, sugar and honey in a pan until all melted together.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dried strawberries, seeds, nuts, oats and flour.
- Stir in the butter mixture.
- Pour half the mixture into the baking tray and spread it out evenly, pressing down with the back of a spoon to compact.
- Spread the jam over the flapjack.
- Pour the remaining mixture on top and carefully spread into the corners, compacting with a spoon as before.
- Bake for 35mins until golden on top and set aside to cool before cutting into squares or bars. Store in an airtight tin.