Lower in gluten content than other snack options, this chicken wrap won’t cause a big energy high only to crash later. The combination of ingredients is high in protein, antioxidants and flavour! The watercress gives a big iron hit alongside the spinach, red onion is great for cardiovascular health and a little chilli gives the digestive system a boost. Leave the mozzarella out for a dairy-free alternative or replace with goat’s cheese.
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, cut into small chunks and
- Seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small handful of grated hard mozzarella
- 2 large flour tortillas (we used seeded ones)
- 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 15 pitted olives, black or green, quartered
- 1 handful watercress
- 1 handful of spinach
- Few torn basil leaves
How to make Chicken and Mozzarella Wrap
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard, mixed
- Prepare and cut the chicken into small chunks.
- Then, in a frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the seasoned chicken over a high heat for approximately 4 minutes until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the garlic so it softens but doesn’t burn.
- Put a thin layer of the grated mozzarella on the tortillas, then spoon the other ingredients (cooked and raw) out evenly on top.
Recipe from www.watercress.co.uk