This recipe simple one- pot recipe uses chicken thighs which are very tasty and cheaper than chicken breasts which will make you shopping budget go further. Simply throw potatoes, courgettes and a whole garlic bulb in with chicken thighs then oven bake for a simple one pot meal.
How to make One-pot Simple Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
- 800g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic bulb, broken into cloves, skin left on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 courgettes, cut into thick batons
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- large handful basil leaves, torn
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Pop the chicken, skin-side up, in a large roasting tin with the potatoes.
- Lightly crush the garlic cloves and nestle among the chicken pieces.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and chicken stock, then season. Squeeze over the juice from the lemon and pop the empty halves in the tin.
- Bake for 45-50 mins, adding the courgettes and chilli 15 mins before the cooking time is up.
- Remove from the oven when the chicken is cooked through and golden, and the veg is tender.
- Stir through the basil leaves and serve.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, July 2012