Great for a summer garden party or festive canapes, these lettuce cups are a bit different from the standard cocktail sausage and a lot tastier.
- 2 Baby Gem lettuce
- 2tsp nut oil8 spring onions,
- 6 finely sliced,
- 2 reserved for decoration
- 1-2tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 200g cooked chicken, torn into bite sized pieces
- 80g baby corn cut into ½ cm disks
- 160ml chicken stock
- 50g creamed coconut (or 1 sachet)
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 200g cooked brown rice Small bunch of coriander 1 lime cut in wedges
How to make Satay Chicken in Baby Gem Lettuce Cups
- In a heavy bottom pan heat the oil and gently cook the sliced spring onions for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and peanut butter, cook stirring for 1 min until fragrant then add the chicken and baby corn.
- Stir to coat with the paste.
- Pour in the stock, coconut milk and soy, stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- If the satay becomes too thick add a little more stock.
- While the satay is cooking, slice the two remaining spring onions then tear the leaves from the lettuce and arrange on a serving plate.
- When the satay is ready, spoon a little cooked rice into each lettuce leaf then top with satay, scatter with the spring onions, coriander leaves and squeeze over a few wedges of lime.