This is such a simple recipe that pleases all the family. Vary the vegetables depending on the season or vary the meat – even a meaty fish can work well – but don’t cook so long. Cous cous is a very quick, tasty accompaniment, but you could equally serve it with rice, quinoa or even some home-made potato wedges.
This is a great meal for ‘baby led weaning’, simply push all the meat and veg off the skewer onto a plate, and let your baby pick up the chunks and enjoy.
- 2 ‘organic’ chicken breasts
- 1 courgette
- 1 leek
- 1 red pepper
- 1 open cap mushroom
- 1 red onion
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 150g couscous with 180mls water
- A small handful of coriander, parsley, mint
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 120ml natural yoghurt
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
How to make Super easy chicken and vegetable kebabs
- Make the marinade at least an hour, ideally 2 hours, before you start cooking. Put all the marinade ingredients into a pot/jar with a lid, fix the lid firmly and shake well.
- Chop the chicken into 1.5 inch cubes, place into a dish and pour over the marinade. Massage into the chicken with clean hands, then leave in fridge to marinade for 1-2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-assisted), gas mark 6.
- Slice courgette and leeks into 1cm rounds and pepper, mushroom and red onion into large wedges. Skewer the chicken and vegetables, alternating ingredients.
- Place in baking tin and pour over any remaining marinade. Bake in oven for approx.30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veg is nicely roasted – rotate half way through.
- In the meantime blitz all the dip ingredients together in a blender, and pour into a serving dish.
- Finely chop the spring onions and herbs and peel the garlic clove. Put the cous cous into a mixing bowl and pour over 180mls of boiling water, stir and cover with a lid or plate, to seal in the steam for 5 minutes. Remove lid, fluff up with a fork and add the spring onions and herbs. Crush tgarlic clove in, and add the zest and juice of half a lemon, olive oil and black pepper. Stir well.
- Serve skewers with herby cous cous and a good drizzle of dip.