Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble has a summer twist on an old family favourite, the sweetness of the strawberries will encourage your toddler to eat this yummy pudding!
How to make Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble
- 2-4 rhubarb stalks, cut into slices 2cm thick
- 1 punnet of large strawberries, hulls removed and cut in half
- 165g plain flour
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 150g rolled oats
- 15g unsalted butter
- Place the rhubarb in a deep pie dish.
- Toss the strawberries with a tablespoon of the flour and add to the rhubarb. Sprinkle half the sugar on top.
- Put the oats, butter, and remaining sugar and the flour in a food processor and pulse until the mixture starts to come together.
- Spread the crumble over the fruit and bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 35-40 minutes, until the rhubarb is tender and the crumble is browned. Serve with clotted cream or custard.
Recipe provided by Jane Baxter, Riverford Field Kitchen taken from the Riverford Farm Cook Book