This is a lovely healthier dessert that is nice and soft to eat for smaller children. It also contains the juices of real fruit as well as topped with fruit, so great to help towards 5-A-DAY.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
For the base:
For the filling:
- 75g butter
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 2 eggs
- 400ml can condensed milk
- Zest and juice of 2 oranges
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
How to make St Clement’s Pie
- 200ml half fat crème fraîche
- 411g can orange segments in juice, drained, or canned mandarin oranges
Hints and Tips:
- Preheat oven to fan 160°C, conventional 180°C, gas 4.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Place the biscuits in a polythene bag and crush with a rolling pin and add to the melted butter. Press the mixture into a 23cm flan or pie dish and chill whilst you prepare the filling.
- In a bowl beat together the eggs, add condensed milk and zest and juice of the oranges and lemon.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and then bake for 20 minutes or until the filling is firm.
- When cool spread top with crème fraîche and decorate with orange segments.
- Try replacing the zest and juice of the oranges with lime to create a Key Lime Pie.
- For another alternative replace digestive biscuits with ginger nuts.
Recipe devised by Canned Food Uk
exclusively for Small Steps.