On the table in under half an hour, these Cod parcels are a quick and healthy supper. Cod and watercress together are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids and iron. Served on a bed of Mediterranean brown rice, this main course will keep you fuller for longer.
- 250g cod (or other sustainable white fish)
- 85g (1 bag) watercress
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 slices of Parma ham
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 150g brown rice
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 50g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 50g black olives, stoned and chopped
- Black pepper
How to make Cod and Watercress Parcels
- Preheat the oven to 180oC (160oC Fan)
- Take the cod and pile a quarter of the watercress along the top of the two fillets (reserving the rest for later) along with the chilli and garlic.
- Carefully wrap the cod and its topping in the slices of Parma ham.
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cod is cooked through.Bring 360ml of water to the boil.
- Add the brown rice, stir and leave to simmer for 15- 20 mins until the water is all absorbed and the rice cooked.
- Add the onion, tomato and olives to a hot pan and lightly sauté.
- Once the rice is cooked, add to the pan and mix together, adding pepper to taste.
- Spoon some of the brown rice mixture onto a plate.
- Place the remaining watercress on top. Remove the cod from the oven and place on top.
Recipe from: www.watercress.co.uk