A good old fashioned favourite for all the family to enjoy!
Suitable for freezing
Prep time: 20 mins - makes 4-6 portions
Cooking time: 45 mins ( includes 20 mins for cooking potatoes)
- 800g potatoes
- 30g butter
- 7 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste ( from 1 year)
For the sauce
- 45g butter
- 1 large shallot diced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 45g flour
- 450ml fish stock
- 6 tbsp double cream
- 1 1/2 chopped fresh dill or chives, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to season (from 1 year)
Salmon and Cod filling
How to make Fish Pie
- 250g salmon, skin removed and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 250g cod, skin removed and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 150g small cooked prawns
- 70g frozen peas
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas 6.
- Boil the potatoes, drain and mash with the butter, milk and Parmesan and season to taste.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter and sauté the shallot for 5-6 mins until soft.
- Add the white wine vinegar and boil for 2-3 mins until the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the flour to make a roux. Gradually, stir in the fish stock and then cook over a medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Bring to the boil then cook stirring until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream and the chopped dill or chives. Season well as the fish is unseasoned.
- Divide all the fish and peas among four or six mini ramekins ( depending on the size) and pour over the sauce. Brush the potato topping with a little beaten egg. Bake for 25 minutes.
Recipe provided by Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner