This healthy Asian recipe is low in calories and saturated fat. Salmon is great fish to cook with and farmed salmon is relatively inexpensive making this a recipe you can cook every week and not just at dinner party's. Making Teriyaki salmon with stir-fry vegetables is quick and easy with a few simple ingredients you will have a nutritious and tasty meal for all the family to enjoy.
How to make Teriyaki salmon with stir-fry vegetables
- 4 salmon fillets (you can half this recipe easily)
- 300g pack stir-fry vegetables
- 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- The zest of 1 lime
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- A little sesame oil, to serve.
- Combine 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce, 2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce and the zest of 1 lime and a squeeze of lime juice in a large bowl.
- Place the salmon fillets in the bowl coat on both sides well and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the salmon for 4-5 minutes each side, until slightly golden and cooked all the way through. Set aside.
- Throw in the pack of stir-fry vegetables in the pan or wok with a splash of water and 2 tbsp soy sauce for and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the stir-fry vegetables between plates, top each portion of vegetables with a salmon fillet.
- Drizzle with a little sesame oil and serve.