Cambozola is a combination of camembert and gorgonzola and is a delicate cheese that combines beautifully with the sweet Pink Lady apple. An unusual idea for a risotto, but with the classic flavour combinations of walnuts, apple and blue cheese it will be sure to impress any diner!
How to make Pink Lady Apple, Cambozola and Walnut Risotto
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300g Arborio risotto rice
- 1 Pink Lady apple, cored and diced
- 100g cambozola, diced
- 50g soft goats cheese
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 50g walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Put the vegetable stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil, keep on a low heat on the hob.
- Put the butter and oil in a pan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the rice and stir to coat in the butter.
- Add a spoonful of stock and gently cook until the stock is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Keep adding the stock gradually a ladleful at a time until the rice is al dente, this will take about 18 minutes.
- Then add the Pink Lady apple, cheeses, oregano and walnuts and put a lid on the pan.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Check seasoning, stir through and serve immediately.
Recipe from www.pinkladyapples.co.uk