An easy-to-make avocado salad for a main meal that's ready in 20 minutes, great for the busy mum or dad! This recipe is ideal for a summer’s day or Christmas time; the green and red colours complement the spirit of Christmas well and will look spectacular on your dinner table whether it be at Christmas or in mid summer.
How to make Warm Avocado & Chorizo Salad
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 ciabatta (small, torn into small bite-pieces)
- 80 grams chorizo (packs sliced)
- 250 grams plum tomatoes (pack baby, halved)
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 avocado (large, ripe, halved, stoned and sliced)
- 150 grams salad (bag baby leaf and herb)
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Fry the ciabatta for 8-10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until starting to crisp and brown, then tip into a large salad bowl.
- Lay the chorizo in the pan and dry-fry for 2 minutes until it gives out a red oil.
- Toss in the tomatoes and cook over a high heat for 1-2 minutes until they start to soften.
- Drizzle over the vinegar, add the sugar and season well.
- Mix together and gently toss the avocado, salad and remaining olive oil with the croutons.
- Spoon over the chorizo and tomatoes and drizzle with any pan juices. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, May 2004