Lamb kofta with home made tzatziki for toddlers, pre-school childern and all the family recipe. These lightly spiced kofta are great to share and delicious enjoyed hot alongside a cooling Tzatziki dip with soft flat-breads
Ingredients for the Koftas:
Ingredients for the Tzatziki:
- 450g lean minced lamb
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh mint
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 tbsp of cous cous rehydrated
How to make the Lamb kofta:
- 112ml of plain yoghurt
- ¼ of cucumber peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 2 tsp of chopped fresh mint
How to make the tzatziki,
- Put all the ingredients apart from the cous cous into a blender and blend
- Remove from the blender and place into a large bowl.
- Add the cous cous and mix together.
- Place the bowl into the fridge to chill for about 1 hour.
- Once the lamb mixture has been chilled divide into 12 pieces
- shape each piece into a sausage then thread onto skewers
- Place the lamb skewers on to a baking tray then grill for 5 mins each side
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix
- Place into the fridge until needed.
- Serve with a crisp green salad and nann bread.
Always soak the skewers before use, this helps to stop the skewers burning under the grill or barbecue.