This is one of those quick, comforting, homemade suppers that should be taken to the sofa and enjoyed with your Baby toddler preschooler and all the family.
Ingredients for the meatballs
Ingredients for the tomato sauce
- 500g of lean minced beef, turkey or lamb
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese (parmesan if possible)
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs or semolina
- Pinch of salt and pepper
How to make the meatballs
- I chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 x 700g bottle of tomato passata
- 125ml milk
- Put all the meatball ingredients into a bowl and using your hands or a fork, mix thoroughly.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and put on a baking tray.
- Put the meatballs in the fridge while you make the sauce.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil.
- Add the passata with some salt and pepper.
- Let it bubble for 10 minutes, then add the milk.
- When the sauce comes back to the boil, gently drop in the meatballs and partly cover with the lid.
- Cook the meatballs in the sauce for 30 minutes.
For more healthy recipes or help and support to achieve a healthier lifestyle:
Call: 01952 38258