For a simple dish that's easy to make and may encourage the kids to enjoy eating more greens. Try this pasta with vegetables in a herb sauce for a dinner even non-veggies will love!
- 250g dried pasta shapes
- 1tspn vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 100g sugar snap peas or fine green beans, sliced
- 200g broccoli, broken into small florets
- 1 red or yellow pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 75g frozen peas, thawed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g tub low-fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 50ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1tspn finely grated lemon zest
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 mins, or according to pack instructions, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok, brushing it over the surface.
- Add the spring onions, sugar snap peas or green beans, broccoli and red or yellow pepper and stir-fry for 3-4 mins or until softened.
- Stir in the peas, then turn off the heat.
- Drain the cooked pasta, reserving 2tbsp of the cooking water.
- Return this cooking liquid to the saucepan and add the low-fat soft cheese, milk and lemon zest. Heat, stirring with a whisk, until hot and smooth.
Tip the pasta and cooked vegetables into the sauce and stir gently for 1-2 mins to heat through.