Chicken Noodle Soup is a warming soup for all the family, that’s quick and easy to put together. Ideal for your pre school child or blend for a nutritious puree for your toddler.
Cooking time: 1 1/4 hours
Preparation time 15 minutes
Suitable from: 6 months
How To Make Chicken Noodle Soup
- A knob of butter
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 - 3 chicken pieces, legs or thighs are fine
- 1 bay leaf and a sprig of rosemary and thyme
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 1 packet of rice, wheat or egg noodles
- 2 liters chicken stock
- A handful of fresh parsley chopped
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Warm the butter in a deep pan.
- Add the vegetables and chicken. Sautee until the chicken is golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Add the stock, rosemary, bay and thyme (if using).
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes. Remove the chicken pieces, take off the skin, shred the meat and return it to the pan. Add the noodles. Cook for a further few minutes until the noodles are cooked through. Stir through the lemon juice, sprinkle with parsley and the black pepper.
- Tip: Fresh herbs can be replaced with a tsp of dried herbs.
- Try adding your children’s favourite vegetable. Peas, French beans, baby corn and bits of broccoli will all work well. Add them at the same time as the noodles. The more vegetables, the more nutritious it will be.
Recipes courtesy of www.babybites.co.uk