Make spring onions the hero of the dish with this indulgent tart topped with whole spring onions, crème fraiche, pancetta and pine nuts and complete with a hidden layer of Parmesan in the puff pastry base.
- 1 pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 40g Parmesan, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 200g Crème Fraiche
- 6 slices pancetta, chopped
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Salt and pepper (to season)
How to make Spring Onion Tart
- Heat the oven to 200C and put a baking tray in, to heat up.
- Unroll the pastry onto some non-stick baking paper with the long edge closest to you.
- Sprinkle half of the parmesan over the left hand half of the pastry then fold the right side over to create a seam of cheese through the middle of the pastry.
- Gently roll out to its original size.
- Score a border 2cm from the edge of the pastry all the way around then transfer, along with the baking parchment, to the hot baking tray.
- Cook for 10 minutes until just golden.
- While the pastry is cooking combine the egg, creme fraiche, remaining cheese and season.
- After 10 minutes take the pastry out of the oven and gently flatten the centre of the pastry leaving the border intact.
- Spread the crème fraiche inside the border then top with pancetta and spring onions.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes. The filling should be cooked and golden.
- Toast the pine nuts in a frying pan and serve the tart scattered with nuts.
Recipe from: www.lovethecrunch.com