This Creamy Spinach Pasta is just a wee bit indulgent with a splash of crème fraiche in each serving and plenty of Parmesan cheese, but it is also chock-full of spinach (or chard if you're feeling fancy) to keep you eating plenty of veggies. Use whole grain pasta for even an even more healthful dinner.
How to make Creamy Spinach Pasta
- 500g dried pasta Taghtellie
- 50g coarse, fresh white breadcrumbs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 big clove of garlic finely chopped
- 200ml tub half-fat crème fraiche
- Handful chopped curly parsley
- 225g spinach, washed & finely chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, spread the breadcrumbs on a baking tray and grill for 2-3 minutes, stirring halfway, until toasted. Tip into a bowl and cool slightly then mix with the lemon zest, garlic and parsley. Season and set aside.
- Stir the spinach and crème fraiche into the hot pasta until the spinach has wilted.
- you may want to cook it a little first and then mix with the crème fraiche and pasta.
- Then, stir in half the breadcrumbs, season to taste and divide between bowls. Sprinkle with the remaining breadcrumbs to serve.