Toddlers will love helping to make these easy toddler chicken nuggets, which are delicious dunked in a sour cream and chive dip. Easy for toddlers and pre-school children to chew, great flavour with that familiar fast food chicken nugget texture, and excellent nutrition!
How to Make Easy Toddler Chicken Nuggets:
- 125g Nature’s Path Organic Mesa Sunrise multigrain flakes
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 400g pack Waitrose Chicken Breast Chunks
- 500g Jersey Royal new potatoes, scrubbed
- 350g frozen peas and runner beans
- ½ x 200g tub Waitrose Fresh Dip Sour Cream & Chives
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6.
- Put the multigrain flakes in a plastic bag and tie the top.
- Use a rolling pin to crush the flakes into small crumbs.
- Tip the flour, beaten egg and crushed flakes into three separate shallow bowls.
- Dip each chicken chunk in the flour to coat lightly, then dip in the egg and finally the crushed flakes.
- Place the coated chicken on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning once, until the coating is lightly golden all over and the chicken thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender, adding the peas and beans for the last 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken nuggets with the dip, the peas and beans, & the Jersey Royals, topped with a knob of butter.
Recipe thanks to: www.waitrose.com