This creation comes from travels of India and the old style colonial feel of the British Raj with modern unusual twist. The Sandwich is the perfect combination of spice, sweet and savoury, everything a good Jubilee celebration Sandwich should have.
How to make Indian Jubilee Celebration Sandwich
- Cold chicken curry (or your favourite curry)
- Strawberry Jam
- Your favourite cheese (hard of soft cheese).
- Your favourite bread sliced (malted granary works well!)
- Spread for the bread. (butter as this is a celebration)
- Butter the sliced bread.
- Build the sandwich, first with the cheese than the strawberry jam, be careful not to put to much in as this can cause spillage when eating. Lastly the curry.
- Complete the sandwich by placing a slice of buttered bread on the top and cutting into triangles.
- Serve with ready salted crisps.
Recipe supplied by Mr T Kirk and his 5 year old son that loves curry!