These savoury toddler sweet potato scones are an ideal way to introduce your child to sweet potato – or any other root vegetable you may wish to try! They are lovely for picnics, lunchboxes and snacks, with just butter or ham and cheese as a substitute to sandwiches.
How to Make Toddlers Sweet Potato Scones
- 5oz / 125g Plain Flour
- 2oz / 50g Butter
- 4fl oz Mashed Sweet Potato
- 6tbs Milk
- 2dsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 4tsp Baking Powder
- Rub together the butter, baking powder and flour, encourage your children to squidge it all together as described for quiches.
- When you have a breadcrumb like texture stir in the sugar and mashed sweet potato. Add the milk slowly until you have a nice, firm dough.
- Roll out the dough until it is as fat as an adult’s finger and cut your shapes. If your child is slightly suspicious of new foods it’s amazing what a star or heart shape will do for encouraging them to try!
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 220°C / 430°F for 12-15 minutes until cooked throughout.
Recipe by Beckie and Jenny at Crafty Cooks For more information visit www.craftycooks.co.uk