This is the coolest lunch ever, not to mention the easiest, and will be the envy of your toddlers or pre-schoolers friends. If peanut butter is off limits, use cream cheese as a spread instead.
How to make Banana Dog in a Bun
- 1 hot dog bun (whole wheat, if possible)
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) peanut butter (or cream cheese)
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) strawberry or other jam (or honey, if preferred)
- 1 whole banana
- raisins, shredded coconut or chopped peanuts
- Spread one inner surface of a split hot dog bun with peanut butter or cream cheese.
- Spread the other side with jam or honey.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in your child's lunch bag.
- Also, pack a whole banana (in the peel) and a small container of toppings, such as raisins, coconut, peanuts or whatever else you can think of.
- At lunchtime, your child can peel the banana and place it in the bun, sprinkle on the toppings and eat.
- Let the other kids drool.