These are absolutely delicious, and healthy too. Ideal for toddler parties and picnics.
How to make Mini Banana Muffins
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 55g (2oz) soft light brown sugar
- 1 large, very ripe banana
- 55ml (2fl oz) sunflower oil
- 85g (3oz) wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch salt (from 1 year)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan oven
- Line two mini- muffin tins with 18 mini-muffin liners
- Crack the egg into a large bowl and add the brown sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat together until thick.
- Break the banana into pieces in a small bowl, then mash it well with a fork.
- Add the mashed banana and the oil to the egg and sugar mix.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt (from 1 year) and cinnamon. Add the bran left in the sieve to the bowl too. Stir together until just combined.
- Spoon into the muffin cases ( around two-thirds full). Then bake for 12-14 minutes until risen and firm
Recipe provided by Top 100 Fingerfoods.