These little quiches make a great snack for children and can be filled with food of your choice. Some ideas are peppers, sweetcorn, ham, tomatoes and cheese.
Makes Approx 12
How to Make Mini Quiches for Toddlers
- 4oz /100g Plain Flour
- 2oz / 50g Butter
- 4 floz Milk
- 2 Eggs
- Fillings of your choice
- Make your pastry by rubbing together the butter and flour in a large mixing bowl. Ask your children to help you ‘squidge’ the two together to see if you can magically make the butter disappear into sand. Once it is all combined add cold water a spoonful at a time until you get a nice dough. If it gets too wet then just add a bit more flour.
- Leave the pastry aside whilst you prepare your tin. Give your child a chunk of butter and using it as a crayon colour in your tart tray holes until they are fully oiled, you then sprinkle flour over the holes and turn the tray upside down, the excess will flour your surface.
- Together roll out the pastry and cut out lots of circles large enough to line your tin.
- Fill the cases half way up with your fillings, then combine the egg and milk and fill to the top.
- Cook at 220°C / 430°F for 12-15 minutes until cooked throughout.