Welsh 'rabbits' is a great 'first food' recipe for your toddler. By decorating them as rabbit faces will give a fun aspect to meal times.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
1 portion - Not suitable for freezing or reheating
- 1 Muffin
- 45g (1 1/2 oz) Cheddar, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp cream or milk
- 2 -3 drops Worcestershire sauce ( or to taste)
- Pepper to season
- Thin slices of carrot, 1 black olive (stoned and halved), peas, mange tout (optional) and a few fresh chives
How to make Welsh 'Rabbits'
- Pre-heat the grill to high.
- Put the cheese, egg, cream/milk and Worcestershire sauce into a bowl and mash together.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the cut sides of the toasted muffins, spreading right to the edges.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is golden and bubbling.
- Split the muffin and cook the two pieces under the grill around 7-8cm (about 3 ins) away from the heat source (one rack down from normal grilling position) don't have them too close to as the egg in the mixture can make them brown very quickly.
- Decorate the cooked muffins with peas for eyes and strips of carrot, mange tout for ears, half an olive for a nose and chives for whiskers. Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Top 100 Fingerfoods .