Cake Pops have now become an extremely popular party treat, perfect for children’s parties. A fun alternative to cakes and cupcakes, cake pops are presented on a lollipop stick and decorated with everything from fondant and chocolate icing to sprinkles and chocolate chips, and are increasingly becoming the ultimate sweet party treat.
To help create your own great cake pops, cake decorating suppliers www.MakeBake.co.uk
, have kindly shared their top tips for baking and decorating perfect party cake pops.
To create fun Cake Pops, you will need
How to make cake pops
- Cake Mix of your choice
- Cake pop Baking Tray
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Cake pop stand or Styrofoam block
- Melted Chocolate
- Food Colouring
- A Cup of tea (to enjoy with a cake pop after all your hard work)
- Mix together all the ingredients for your favourite cake recipe, then using a cake pop baking tray, carefully spoon mix into each individual mould. This baking tray will produce 20 perfectly shaped cake pops - be sure to leave the cake pops to cool after baking for around 20-30 minutes before decorating.
- Once cooled, securely place cake pop sticks into each ball of cake. A top tip is to dip the top of each stick in icing before attaching to each cake ball; this will add extra stability to your cake pops.
- There are numerous ways to decorate your cake pops - to get the most professional finish, we suggest standing your cake pops using a simple Styrofoam block or a cake pop holder to keep them secure when decorating.
- The easiest way to decorate your cake pops is to simply dip them into melted chocolate, followed by sprinkles, edible glitter, mini marshmallows or even more chocolate for a tasty treat. For a more creative approach, add food colouring to white chocolate to create a rainbow of brightly coloured cake pops.
- As a finishing touch, simply tie a small ribbon in a beautiful bow at the base of each cake pop.
All products to create the perfect cake pops can be found online at: www.MakeBake.co.uk