Milky Strawberry Jelly with Summer Fruits is a wibbly-wobbly, just-set dessert full of fresh strawberries and topped with juicy blueberries, ideal recipe for a busy mum for their toddler, pre-school child.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes, plus 2 hours setting time.
- 2 x 135g packs Hartley’s Strawberry Jelly
- 300ml Waitrose Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 400g strawberries, hulled
- 170g can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 150g blueberries (optional)
How to make Milky Strawberry Jelly with Summer Fruits
1. Place the jelly in a small pan with 4 tablespoons of the orange juice and warm over a gentle heat stirring well until dissolved. Or microwave on full power for 1½ minutes.
2. Thinly slice 6 of the strawberries and place in a 1-liter jelly mold, reserving a few slices to decorate the top. Using a hand-held blender or food processor, purée the remaining strawberries.
3. Place the strawberry purée, evaporated milk and the jelly mixture in a large measuring jug.Using a whisk, blend together well to aerate until the volume reaches about 1 liter.
4. Pour the mixture into the jelly mould, allow to cool, then leave to set in a fridge for 2 hours. Turn out the jelly by dipping the mold in hot water briefly first. Serve, scattered with the reserved strawberries plus the blueberries, if using.
Recipe thanks to: www.waitrose.com