Pizza is often looked at as unhealthy but we have come up with a healthy version that you and your little one will have fun making together in this simple, easy to make, pizza recipe. This recipe makes the pizza from scratch, including the pizza base (it’s not as hard as you may think!). Making the pizza is straightforward and adding the toppings of your choice will keep everyone happy at meal times, especially if your little one is difficult to please! I
How to make Pizza Wheels
- 1 pizza base recipe as below
- Tomato puree
- Toppings of your choice e.g. ham, salami, meatballs, shredded chicken anchovies , spinach sweetcorn.
- Cheese of your choice - grated Cheddar/mozzarella works well.
How to make the Pizza base
- 1 Pizza Base as below.
- 2 tsp dried active yeast
- 2 tsp caster sugar.
- 250 – 300 ml luke-warm water
- 300 g strong white plan flour
- Good pinch of salt.
How to make the Pizza Wheels.
- In a measuring jug add the luke-warm water, yeast and sugar. Mix well and leave to stand until a “froth” appears.
- In a food processer or large bowl add the flour and salt.
- Slowly add the yeast mixture while “Whizzing” or combine with the hands until a soft dough is formed.
- Preheat over to 180°c
- On a work surface or floured board roll out until you have a rectangle of around 25cm by 35cm.
- Spread the tomato puree evenly and thinly over the dough
- Sprinkle over the toppings of your choice
- Spread over the grated cheese evenly.
- Carefully and tightly roll the pizza up!
- Tuck the outside edge in if you have to.
- Cut with a sharp knife into 3cm slices and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment, don’t forget to leave some room between each one!
- Leave Pizza Wheels to rise in a warm place (on top of the pre heated oven is a good place) for about 10 - 15 minutes or slightly puffed up.
- Cook at 180 C for around 15-18 mins, or until they are lightly browned.
You could just pop the dough onto a round or oblong baking sheet for a traditional pizza!